Suchika joined Springworks in March 2021 and belongs to the city of dreams, Mumbai.
She has a Bachelor’s degree in Resource Management from BMN College of Home Science
( SNDT University) and holds a PGDM in HR & Administration through TISS. She has worked as a recruiter for 2.5 years now. She loves cooking, playing badminton and exploring new places on a regular basis.
Let’s take a look at her life as a Recruiter at Springworks!
What do you do at Springworks?
In simple words, I can say that I bring people together!!
I mean what could be better than helping people find a role they’re really passionate about?
So, I have been working as a recruiter at Springworks for over a year now. I handle the end-to-end recruitment process from sourcing & finding people to help them achieve their dreams.
What is your favorite thing about Springworks?
Springworks has been my constant favorite since I joined the organization last year. To name a single favorite thing would be unfair. There are so many of them!!
But something that stands out to me is the work culture. The culture which motivates you to try out new things & not to be afraid of failures.
Work is such an important part of everyone’s life, but you can only enjoy doing it when balanced with home/ personal life. No doubt having this flexibility motivates you to work well and deliver good results.
Name any 2 challenges that you face while being a Recruiter.
Being a recruiter is not easy, knowing that you play such an important part in a company’s growth as you always have to focus on hiring the best talent. Two of the main challenges that I can think of are competition and multiple offers.
- Currently the competition in the market is very high. Losing applicants to competitors is the biggest challenge we face.
- Another would be candidates holding multiple offers at once as they tend to be the most volatile candidates of all.
Walk us through your day/ daily routine
- Check on the new emails and revert if required.
- Follow up & reminder calls for interview schedules/ check if any reschedules to be done.
- Review the new submissions on assignments/ or share with the respective teams for reviewing.
- Screening & telephonic screening of applicants.
- Setting up schedules for upcoming days.
- Sourcing profiles through different job portals. Having final HR calls before releasing the offers.
Any advice to other people who want to pursue a career in recruitment?
Don’t take too much pressure because of open positions. It might take a day for you or even weeks to close the open requisitions. Don’t force things to happen, just be patient. It will happen eventually.
No two days are going to be the same, if everything is in place today, tomorrow is going to be a new adventure. Take it in a positive way, trust your guts & work hard.
Have crisp & clear hold on your communication skills. Whether it’s the candidate or your co-workers, remember that you are going to work with a range of people which makes a recruiter’s job really exciting.