Employees are the building block of any organization, which makes employee retention a key factor for a company’s growth. It is difficult for a company to grow if its employees are not happy and constantly changing. eNPS survey questions act as a test for any company’s workforce loyalty and help solve it by gathering insights.
NPS or Net Promoter Score has been used to measure customer satisfaction for a long time. eNPS is a similar survey for measuring employee satisfaction. By asking better questions in such a survey, you can know more about your employees’ pain points and your organization’s health.
Let’s understand more about what eNPS is and why it matters.
What Are eNPS Surveys?
Employee Net Promoter Score or eNPS is a metric that measures employee loyalty and engagement in an organization. The survey used to measure these metrics is called the eNPS survey. To know more, you can read out guide on eNPS.
These tests give you an eNPS score that shows whether your employees are satisfied with the workplace they are working in or not. It is also a great survey to see employee engagement and retention.
A question is asked to all the employees and the employees are categorized based on their answers from 1-10:
- Promoters(9-10) – They are the ones who promote your organization for work.
- Passives(7-8) – They are the ones who are neutral about promoting your work organization.
- Detractors(0-6) – They are the ones who won’t like to promote your work organization.
Once categorized, the eNPS score is calculated to measure the employees’ loyalty to the company. eNPS scores differ for each industry but a score of above 30 is considered good and a score above 50 is great.
How To Calculate eNPS Score
To calculate the eNPS score, you just have to subtract % of Detractors from % of Promoters.
eNPS = % of Promoters – % of Detractors
The formula doesn’t have any mention of Passives doesn’t mean they are not important. They will be the ones who can become Promoters or Detractors, so it’s always important to take insights from them as well.
Run a eNPS pulse now and calculate your eNPS
eNPS Survey Questions To Ask
For an eNPS survey, most organizations stick to one question and that is –
“How likely are you to recommend your organization as an excellent place to work on a scale of 1-10?“
This is the only question that is used to measure the eNPS score. Although this question is great for measuring retention and loyalty to the company, adding more questions is beneficial. More questions give an organization a better understanding of what an employee wants and make the eNPS more comprehensive.
These questions are focused on descriptive answers about the organization. It gives employees a chance to explain their problems or the things they like. This helps an organization to double down on what’s working and get rid of problems.
- What can we do better to improve your experience as an employee?
- What makes you excited to work for our company?
- Would anything hold you back from referring friends and family to the company?
- What is one thing you enjoy about working here?
- What is missing in your work experience with us?
- What is the one thing we could do to make you a more satisfied employee?
- What do you dislike about this company?
- What is the one thing we could do to make you a happier employee?
- How can we improve your training experience in the company?
- What do you think we can improve in our management style?
Questions on a scale of 1-5?
These questions are focused to understand the experience of employees in different situations. By rating from 1-5, they are forced to put a number on the asked experience which makes the data more precise.
- Rate the possibility of your self-development in our company.
- How do you rate the availability of tools needed to do the work in our company?
- How do you rate team building in our company?
- How much do you like the reward and bonus system in our company?
- How satisfied are you with the compensation and benefits offered by the organization?
- How do you rate cooperation with the supervisor in our company?
- How would you rate your level of happiness at work?
- How would you rate your level of happiness at work?
Follow Up Questions
Follow-up questions are asked in the last. These questions are not used in calculating the eNPS score but they are helpful to understand the reasons behind the ratings given them. It helps drive more insights for the improvement of the organization.
- What is the main reason for your score?
- Do you have any feedback you want to share with the org? (that is not covered in the previous questions)
It is important to note that eNPS surveys are usually short so you don’t have to ask every question. Only the main question and follow-up questions can suffice. Adding more questions is helpful as they are intended to make the survey more comprehensive and help you gather data about what an organization can improve. eNPS surveys can vary just like the NPS ones so you have the freedom to choose the questions you like.
Why eNPS score matters
To solve a problem, you have to understand how severe the problem is or does it even exist or not. eNPS score clarifies how satisfied employees are with their company. Once a company is aware of the problem, it can start to solve it.
As the organization starts to solve the problems of employees, they can improve their eNPS score over time. By adding questions that are mentioned above, you can get the details of requirement needed that is not only good for the employees but the company as well.
Conduct eNPS through EngageWith
EngageWith is an employee engagement Slack and Microsoft teams app. It builds an employee-first culture and is designed to improve employee retention.
EngageWith eNPS pulse makes it super easy for you to conduct eNPS and predict your organization’s health. Not only does it increase your employee engagement but builds a culture of feedback in the organization. There are additional benefits of using EnagageWith eNPS over feedback forms:
- Higher Response Rate
EngageWith can be added right within your workspace on MS Teams or Slack, so it has a much higher response rate. It is easy to just
- Track Progress
With EngageWith, you can compare your eNPS and continuously improve to better them. By improving the organization while keeping in mind the need of your employees, your company will grow at a faster rate.
- Complete Transparency
You can be transparent about the data collected by EnagageWith eNPS pulse. It builds trust in the organization and shows that you are always willing to listen to your employees.
EngageWith is easy to set up and won’t take more than 5 minutes to add to your workspace.
Add EnagageWith now and start sending the eNPS survey pulse right away.
eNPS is evaluated by calculating the eNPS score. This score is calculated by subtracting % of Detractors from % of Promoters. If the score is positive, it is considered a good score.
You can do an eNPS survey by adding EngageWith to your workspace. It is easy to use and can be set up right away. The questions given can be used to make the eNPS more comprehensive and insightful.
You can make it better by making it easier for your employees to answer these questions. It is also great to keep them short and add some questions for actionable feedback. By working on that feedback, you can improve the eNPS for each employee.